During peak times I try to avoid waiting in line for any attraction. This is the time when we usually head to catch a show. A favorite of our family is the Enchanted Tiki Room- Nice and cool and a great way to sit back and relax. Other great ones- Honey I shrunk the audience, Bug's life @ DCA.
- We always take a ride on the Disneyland Train to check out how busy the park is and judge from there. It's also a great way to cool down and I've been known to take it two or three times around the park on a hot summer day. If you have heavy sleepers like I do- great place to let them take a nap.
- Pack a swimsuit for the kids and head over to the irrigation station at Disney's California Adventure. Let the kids run around at Princess Dot Puddle Station. Make sure to pack towels and an extra set of clothes because the kiddos will get soaked!!
- Keep hydrated- If you can ,bring a bottle or two of water. I usually freeze mine the night before and throw them in a Ziploc bag- I pack them in at the bottom of my bag and they have been a lifesaver!!
- If your tots are tired and need a nap- head over to the seating area in the Hungry Bear Restaurant. It's located between New in Critter Country. I head towards the back, grab a little something to eat and enjoy the shade and watching the Mark Twain go by. It's always nice and cool. Usually my youngest falls asleep in the stroller. It's a perfect spot and way relaxing.
- Make sure to pack a jacket /sweater/blanket. - I've left home without one thinking that there was no possible way that I would be cold on a summer day. Boy was I wrong!! The nights cool off and there is nothing worse than shelling out $50.00 for a sweatshirt because your four year old is cold. Trust me on this one!!
- Take advantage of the Baby Center if you have little ones. It's a great place to feed the teeny ones and I have even rocked both of my babies to sleep here. Best part- super cool in there!!
- Peak times are from 2-4pm at both parks. This is the best time to grab a bite to eat and not have to fight for a table.
- Head to rides that have the least waiting time. Top of our list-all in Adventureland/New Orleans Square- Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, taking a stroll on the Mark Twain and of course a ride on the Disneyland train.
- Enjoy yourself and remember to take it easy and have fun!!
Monday, June 22, 2009
How to keep cool at Disneyland/DCA
My family loves to visit Disneyland/DCA often and yes we are a bit crazy, even in the busy summer season. I've picked up a thing or two from my many visits to the parks on hot summer days. Here are some of the things I've learned to stay cool at the parks on sweltering days.