What to pack when heading to the Disney Resort.
I try to head over to one of the parks at least twice a week during the summer. Through much trial and error I have learned what to pack with me to be able to enjoy a day at the park and not shell out much money. Here is my essential list-
What do I bring with me??
1.Make sure to pack a couple of snacks. Some good ideas are - cut up fruit, individual baggies of cookies/chips, grapes(a big favorite of ours)goldfish and fruit snacks. I try to avoid buying snacks at the park at all costs. It can get pretty expensive!! You will also need a good backpack - I'm usually prepared with a great backpack- I never leave home without one .
2. Bring a stroller if you have small children. If you can, make sure to bring a light or umbrella stroller. They are easier to fold up and store. Make sure to have some kind of labeling on you stroller to help yours stand out in the sea of strollers. If you really don't want to hassle with bringing one (although I strongly recommend it)- rent one at the front of the park. I usually avoid this at costs but if you can't bring a stroller and want one this is a good alternative and trust me a stroller is indispensable if you have kids under 5.
3. Make sure to pack a jacket /sweater/blanket. - The nights cool off and I've had to leave once or twice because I had a cold kiddo- I've also had to drop $50 on sweatshirts because mommy didn't prepare efficiently. Learn from my mistakes and pack a sweatshirt or two.
4.Bring a bottle or two of water per person- I usually freeze mine the night before and throw them in a Ziploc bag- I pack them in at the bottom of my bag and they have been a lifesaver!! You can also bring your own insulated water bottles and refill them at the park.
5. Bring your own soda- I usually bring a can for each of us and then head to one of the local restaurants and ask for cups of ice. This has saved us so much money!!
6. Bring baby wipes. I always carry them even if I don't have my youngest with me. They are great for sticky hands and clean ups. I think they are a necessity !!
7. Bring some sandwiches-If you are planning on staying for more than a couple of hours- they are a must. Cheap and easy to transport!!
8. Bring a dollar or two to the park. My kids are used to one tradition when we head over to the park. On the way out we always stop by at the last souvenir kiosk and buy a 50 cent Minnie Mouse heart sucker. I only spend $1.00 and the kids absolutely are happy as clams on the way out. A little sticky but happy- and that's what it's all about!!