Here is how it works- You head over to one of the rides(I included a list at the end of the post) that uses the FASTPASS system. Once you are there look for the distribution area near the entrance of the attraction. Check the return time (be sure to get your passes early because on very busy days they run out!) and insert your ticket or annual pass into the FASTPASS machine. Once you insert your ticket/annual pass a ticket will print out with your return time. When it's time to return to the attraction enter through the FASTPASS line/queue and you will avoid the long wait.
It's simple, painless and will save you time!Once you have your ticket in hand head out to enjoy the other attractions. We usually grab a FASTPASS and catch a show or ride an attraction with a minimal wait line.
Here are two things that you should also know about FASTPASS.
- You can only have one FASTPASS ticket to one attraction at a time. This means you can't head over to Splash Mountain and pick up a FASTPASS then walk over to Big Tunder Railroad and pick up another while you wait. You can grab another FASTPASS as soon as your return time comes up.
- Your FASTPASS tickets don't expire. I met my sisters at the park a little late last week only to find them complaining about their FASTPASS tickets expiring. There is no such thing. Your recommended time is printed on your ticket but you are always welcome to come after that time on the day of your visit.
Here is the list of attractions at both parks that utilize the FASTPASS system.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Indiana Jones
- Haunted Mansion(holidays)
- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
Disney's California Adventure
- California ScreaminGrizzly River Run
- Mulholland Madness
- Soarin Over California
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Have a terrific rest of the day and use a FASTPASS next time you are heading over to the parks!