Sunday, July 5, 2009

Haunted Mansion








Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is a 7 minute dark ride that is a must visit on a first visit to Disneyland. It is considered a classic and an icon by Disney Geeks. I absolutely love this ride and I usually try to sneak in a visit every time I head over to Disneyland.
Although I love this ride, it can be a little scary for younger children. I'm not going to sugar coat it- It can be very scary for the little ones. My two and a half year old refuses to ride it. My 4 year old clutches on to me and I have decided that this ride will have to wait when I visit the park with the kiddos. I have even seen school aged children freak out a bit. This is a ride that is geared towards older children and teenagers/adults.
If you have an older child or a younger kiddo that doesn't easily get scared- head over to this classic ride. The lines move fairly quickly and you will usually be riding with less than a 10 minute wait. Even on a busy day- expect to wait less than 40 minutes.
The ride takes you on a tour of the mansion where you are first brought into a waiting room. The lights go out and you are led down to rest of the mansion. You are led into the dimly light hallway into a doombuggy that will take you on your ghostly tour. Your tour will take you through the endless hallway, a seance room, the "lively" ballroom, the attic and finishing off through a stroll in the graveyard.
It is a classic that is not to be missed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment