Saturday, November 7, 2009

What to do when everything is too busy at Disneyland


Visiting Disneyland is always fun, except when it is super busy. I hate waiting in lines... well really, I don't know anyone that likes waiting in one. After many visits, I have discovered that I can  have fun with my kiddos, even on the busiest holidays.


  • One of the first things that I like to do on a busy day is catch a ride on the Disneyland Express.  It's the perfect place to people watch and you can get a pretty good idea of how truly busy the park is by riding it all the way around. We love riding the train and the kids and I like to point to the different attractions, hidden Mickey's, characters, etc.. 
  • Another favorite attraction on a busy day is to catch a show at the Tiki Room. Not only is this show timeless and fun,  it is the perfect place to rest and cool off  on a hot summer day.
  • I love having the kiddos enjoy the play areas in the park. Tom Sawyer's Island and Tarzan's Treehouse are perfect for  the older kids, while the play area in Toontown is a big hit with the little ones.
  • Head over to Tomorrowland and explore Innoventions. There are a variety of activities for the entire family to enjoy. You will find everything from Dance Dance Revolution Stations to building and viewing your own fireworks show.  
  • Take the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough. You will be able to enjoy the story of Sleeping Beauty, told by a series of illustrated storybook pages and 3D animation scenes. It's a must visit if you have a princess fan in the family! 
  • Sit back and enjoy Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D show. This air conditioned show is the perfect place to sit down and catch a breather.
There are so many other things to do on a busy day that I think I will write a second part to the post. I want to hear from you. What is your favorite thing to do at Disneyland  on a busy day?

1 comment:

  1. I like going over to the Tiki Room & getting away from all the craziness for a while. I also love that the Dole place is right next the Tiki Room...it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete